Monday, August 12, 2019

Civic Duty

Got called to serve jury duty. Packed my bag the night before. Printed directions to the court too. The GPS suggested a lot of other routes. There was an accident on the highway close to my exit. So I was delayed a bit. Still got there so early, had to wait outside the building until the guard let us in.

Waited again inside to enter the jury room. Some woman named Bug spoke to us during orientation. She liked talking too much. Got selected for a case on the blue team. Somebody took my seat when I was to the bathroom. Finished reading my Anne Rice book as I waited to be called.

The pink team was dismissed first due to a plea. The judge decided my case would be heard tomorrow. Luckily that would be by a different jury. I ran out of the building. There was a bus to some distant location in front of the court. Waited for a bus to the parking lot. A kid gave up his seat to a woman who flew into the seat during a quick bus turn.

Drove home and stopped by to get some Chinese takeout. I am safe for another 3 years for jury duty.

No comments: