Monday, March 9, 2020

Bright Side to Coronavirus

I got a lot of work due this week. Unfortunately my boss at my company scheduled a long in-person meeting today. I was supposed to go downtown at attend this meeting in person. I told my team leader about this. Another guy I work with on my team had his own meeting to attend this morning. The result is that we can't work together until tomorrow. Oops. Delays.

This morning I got a break. Due to Coronavirus fears, we have the option to do a video call into the meeting. That means I get to stay home and skip all the traffic and time it takes to go downtown. I used this time to get a head start on my next task, which is due in two days. Ah. Finally catching a break here.

In other news, I have had problems logging into my virtual workstation at work. This has been a pain. The problem was further compounded by my account for logging into that machine being scheduled to be deleted. Go figure. An administrator rebooted my virtual machine. Seems like I can log into it now. If I could only get them to stop the deletion of my account, I might be good to go.

No comments: