Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Supplies in Demand due to COVID-19

I had heard that the governor was going to shut down non-essential businesses. This motivated me to make that trip to the home garden center. Picked up the paper bags that the county requires us to use to dispose of yard clippings. Got some weed-n-feed to take care of that colorless grass in the front yard. I also picked up bug killer and weed killer.

Momoko went grocery shopping. The only item I needed her to get was soft soap. We were running low. After I came home and was about to unload my supplies, Momoko said she could not find soft soap. She only checked the grocery store. The governor's orders were going to be in effect soon. So she needed me to come along to go look for the soap refill.

We tried Walgreens. No soft soap. We tried one CVS as the kids tried another. No soft soap. Then I recalled the last time I was searching for toilet paper when there was a run on it. Walmart was the only option back then. We dropped by. They did had soft soap. Just no huge refill bottles. We piled up a bunch of small soft soap dispensers. They were all scented. But hey. Scented small bottles are better than nothing.

No comments: