Thursday, August 20, 2020

Dryer Mix Up

Our dryer started having troubles recently. It makes a funny noise when you start it up. Sometimes it does not dry clothes in a single cycle. The lint catcher broke, so I ordered a replacement part from the manufacturer. It did not fit correctly, causing the door not to close easily. For all these problems and more, we decided to get a new dryer.

We had a gas line run to behind the dryer. So we went shopping for a gas dryer. Lowes only seemed to have electric ones. So we ordered an electric dryer. The thing turned out to be back ordered, causing them to miss two delivery dates. Third time was the charm. The dryer got delivered.

The delivery guys said they could not unhook the old dryer. It was gas. Lo and behold, they were right. I guess I forgot that we previously upgraded from electric to gas. That's okay. I got my handyman to come and switch out the dryer. Turns out the new electric dryer does not have power any more. We reclaimed the big dryer line to power our window A/C units upstairs.

My handyman recommended I just go buy a gas dryer. That is what we wanted anyway. So now I got to return this electric dryer, and find a new gas one that I like. The only consolation is that my handyman can hook the new one up as soon as I acquire it.

No comments: