Monday, March 29, 2021

Moving Out

Little Kat is on the waiting list for an X-Ray technician program at his college. They only let 18 people into the cohort per year. Unfortunately Little Kat did not complete all the prerequisites for the program successfully. He flunked his Anatomy II class last semester. So his chances of getting into the program as essentially nil.

Now that we know Little Kat's college future is elsewhere, we are going to move him back home from his apartment. He already notified his landlord of his intent to terminate the lease. Luckily we had already warned the landlord that we would have him stay in the apartment for 6 months. So the landlord was already asking Little Kat about his final month.

Momoko, Little Kat, and I visited the local U-Haul rental center last Saturday. I told the guy I wanted to rent a 10 foot box truck for next Saturday. I asked to have the truck ready early in the morning. The sales rep said the earliest I could get one would be 2pm. I told him that would be fine.

Later that day, I got a text to call the U-Haul store. And then I got an email the next day saying my reservation was canceled. I tried to call U-Haul. They never picked up my call. I then realized that the guy had made my reservation for the prior Saturday, which really made no sense.

I decided to go online and make another reservation for the day before we need the truck (Friday). I am hoping to pick up a 10 foot truck the nightly before the move. That will let us get an early start on the move. It should also give us an early warning if there are further rental truck problems.

No comments: