Thursday, March 11, 2021

New Idea for Dinner

While Little Kat is away living in his apartment, I cover his dinner nights at home. I don't cook. But I go get carryout for the family. Normally I pick up things like pizza or chicken. Not everyone is comfortable eating in restaurants with COVID-19. So it is always carry out.

This week we had a new idea. Momoko and I went to dinner early at Olive Garden. It was weird at the front door. We had to scan a QR code and check in online to get seated. Momoko ordered soup, salad and bread sticks. I got salad and break sticks. It was delicious.

The great idea in our plan was to pick up some to-go menu items. They were $5 each. I bought my brother a spaghetti with meat sauce. He ate that for dinner at home when we got back. Momoko got a fettucini alfredo for a future lunch. So did I.

I also got a stuffed fettuccine to go. It was a new entree. I figured if it was good, I would order it again. At night I got hungry at home. After all, I just had a salad for dinner. Luckily I was able to heat up my fettuccine alfredo in the microwave. It heated up and tasted well for a chilled meal.

We might do this again in the future. The price is pretty good. We get to eat a lot of salad and bread sticks (plus soup) at the restaurant. Only thing that could have made it better would have been to order some premium drinks at the restaurant to go with dinner.

No comments: