Friday, November 12, 2021

Search for Drainage Rock

I went to my local store to pick up some drainage rock. Getting close to completing the relocation of part of the retaining wall in the back yard. There was a sign for the rock in the store. But there were no stones. I asked a worker there. They said if it is not where I looked, they don't have it. Fail.

This morning I got up and went to Chik Fil A. Got an early lunch and drove it to the sister store 20 minutes north of us. Ate my lunch in my car. Then I went in. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot. I almost went home to try the next day. Glad I did not. I found the rock. Took a while to find a sturdy cart to haul the rock to my car.

Many of the bags were falling apart. I set those aside. I grabbed 10 good bags, because that is all I thought I could carry. Loaded then in the back of the Benz. On the way home, I heard a pop from the back of the vehicle. Not good. After I unloaded all the bags and stashed them behind my big shed, I investigated the car. Apparently half of the back floor popped up. I guess the weight was too high. I lowered it back down.

I had a surprise after digging holes for my posts. The concrete in the big shed must have gotten moist. It was all caked up like a big rock. I used a hammer to decompose it. Cemented in the two small posts before the rains come tomorrow. I think I will wrap up this retaining wall move this weekend at the latest.

No comments: