Thursday, December 2, 2021

Coding Python 24x7

I have read through 12 books on the Python computer programming language. They are stacked up on my desk. Around half of them have notes for future programming I need to do based on ideas from the books. Purchasing print books was expensive and also bulky. I have a new plan: read e-books.

My college has access to Safari Online. This is a digital library of almost all the computer books I could ever read. Right now I am going through an e-book that has around 80 projects for me to complete. To get this done in a reasonable time, I am trying to do 8 projects a day. It is challenging.

There are at least 9 other Python e-books that I would like to read. Not sure when I am going to get the time, especially when most of them require you to also write programs along with the reading. It does not help that I am going to school to learn Data Science at the same time as well.

I plan to sit for a Python certification exam in one month. The company will pay for that certification. And if I say I need some books to prepare, they will cover the cost for those too. Therefore I plan to buy 7 more print books at a price of around $200. My boss said that is okay. The company will pick up the tab.

No comments: