Thursday, December 9, 2021

Scheduling Certification Exams

I had got approval from my boss to take a week off from work to study for and take a certification exam. This was to coincide with a trip I was going to take with Little Kat. Well I figured I had better get my stuff lined up. The exam date is less than a month from now.

I determined which books I wanted to purchase for exam prep. Now I probably don't need all these books to pass the exam. But my company is weird. They only pay for books if they are required to pass an exam. So I guess I need them to pass the exam. Understood?

It would have been easy to just order all the book directly from Amazon. But that would have been one huge package. That is no fun. Instead, I ordered through Amazon. But I bought books from third party sellers. I mostly chose used books to keep the price low. Now I am going to get a ton of packages this month.

The trouble happened when I tried to schedule and pay for my exam. The exam seems to be offered only one time next month. And that day it outside of Little Kat and my trip abroad. So that will not work. Instead I decided to sign up for a test administered close to home the weekend before we take off. The only problem is that I need to study now, instead of the week off work I planned to train.

No comments: