Monday, February 21, 2022

Grill Repaired

This winter, I finally received a replacement part for our grill. The igniter would not light the flames on the burners. The item was back ordered for a long time. Eventually they sent me one as long as I paid the postage.

It was too cold to work on the grill recently. But today the weather was okay. So I unscrewed the old igniter. I left it hang underneath the grill with all the connection wires. Then I slowly, one wire at a time, disconnected the old igniter, and connected the wires to the new one.

Then I moved the battery into the new igniter as I screwed it in and secured it to the grill. Initially, this replacement would not light any of the burners. But I remained calm. I replaced the battery with a fresh one as the old was seemed a bit corroded. That did the trick.

Now we can light all the burners and cook food on the grill again. There is no doubt that the quality of our grill is super low. So I plan to buy a replacement grill, maybe within the next year. Next time I will get one with a slightly higher quality. I don't want to spend a fortune, as grills break down and rust. I also don't want to cheap out and end up with another dud.

No comments: