Monday, February 14, 2022

Superbowl Pizza Problems

Momoko wanted pizza for our Superbowl watch party. I volunteered to go pick it up. One and a half hours before kickoff, I called in an order to 2 large pizzas. I knew it was busy because I was on hold for a while. They told me it would take 20 to 25 minutes to have the food ready.

I headed to the gas station to fill up my car. Had to kill a little time. I arrived at the store 30 minutes after I placed my order. The guy behind the counter said it would take another 5 to 8 minutes. I figured that short duration meant I was good.

There were a ton of other people waiting for pizza there. Most were Door Dash drivers. I just sat tight. Thirty minutes later, I was still sitting there. Eventually the guy who initially helped me found my order. He apologized for the delay. He said I could have some free food.

When I got home, I saw the free food was some plain wings, and another medium pizza with black olives, onions, jalapenos and other toppings. Momoko actually liked that one. I did make it back just in time for Superbowl kickoff. Not a good move to order pizza on that one day of the year.

No comments: