Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Flooring Install

The day had come for Little Kat's new vinyl plank flooring to be installed. The installers were scheduled to come between 8am and 11am. So I woke up at 7am. I waited for their call. As it got closer to 11am, I got a call from the company. They said the installers were running behind, and would arrive between 11am and 1pm.

I told Little Kat that our afternoon plans needed to change. We put Momoko in charge of waiting for the installers. Little Kat and I took my brother's truck to IKEA to pick up the frame for his new bed. Little Kat got a text that the frame was now in stock. We headed out, but returned to get my mask. On the road, the install called me and said he was on his way.

Little Kat and I found his frame. We thought there was only 1 there. So I left Little Kat to guard the lone frame as I hustled to get a shopping cart. We loaded up all 5 boxes and headed to checkout. His frame is cheaper than his mattress, even though he has a headboard and two drawers underneath. We rolled the cart out after paying and loaded everything in the bed of the truck. All items were heavy. So we did not need to tie anything down.

Momoko called to ask which way they should lay the flooring. Little Kat said perpendicular to the door frame. Momoko also told the installers to stop the floor at the door, and not go out into the hall. They were also instructed to make the edges of the floor look good, even in the closet. They ended up putting down shoe molding in the closet with glue. Upon inspection, there seemed to be a problem under the entry door. Turns out it was just some saw dust. Everything else looked strong. There were a lot of leftover materials I put in the big shed.

Today, Little Kat and I carried his bed frame boxes from the living room to his bedroom. His mattress is on back order. If necessary, we can purchase a queen size mattress from any old store. But we like the feel of the IKEA one he picked that is on back order.

No comments: