Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Vacation is all I ever Wanted

This morning Momoko and I picked our belongings. We waited for Kit Kat to wake up. I quizzed her on her recent trip with her boyfriend. She gave me a pretty detailed synopsis, even though she had just purchased some chicken from Door Dash. After that, Momoko and I took off on our vacation. She said she heard a buzzing in the back seat. So I rolled the back window down hoping the bug would exit.

I knew the first couple legs for our trip. There was light traffic on the highway by our house. It turned out to be some huge trucks stopped on the side of the road with a person standing in one lane flagging people to slow down. I started getting hungry. I figured we could eat 30 minutes into our trip. At most I thought it would be an hour. When we hit a big city, I tried to decide on a restaurant with Momoko. No decisions were made and we passed the big city.

I decided to make a command decision and stop at the first fast food restaurant in the next big city. There were some cops stopping somebody on the highway. It made all traffic slow down. Upon coming into the next city, I pulled over into Popeye's. I ordered a spicy chicken sandwich. Momoko ordered a shrimp tackle box. My food took 5 minutes to cook. I scarfed it down, but it was really spicy.

Then we proceeded on the highway. They closed a 5 lane highway down to just a single lane. There were dudes holding signs on the highway for us to slow down. Traffic was going nowhere. We finally made it past the construction. Momoko used Google Maps to direct us on the last leg of the journey. We entered the parking lot of the hotel. It was crowded. Some guy was going the wrong way down an aisle. He signaled me and told me the road was one way. I concurred, but said he was going the wrong way. He pointed to a sign that contradicted what I said. I told him I was following the big arrow on the concrete below us that pointed against him.

Inside the hotel, they tried to give me the keys to an 18th floor condo. I told them I reserved a room that was in the hotel on floor 5 or lower. They told me somebody had upgraded me without informing me. I told them I would like to be downgraded back down to the room I reserved. They found me one such room. It was hot. But we opened the screen door to cool it off. We tried to go to a restaurant we liked. But they were only open for carryout. We went to another restaurant we knew. They asked us to be patient. I got a cold lasagna. They heated it up more for me. Momoko got a big pizza.

At night we called Little Kat to check up on his college. The main point of our call was quizzed Little Kat on functions, graphs, limits, and continuity. Little Kat did not seem to grasp the basics of limits in Calculus. We need him to study this topic. The rest of Calculus will build upon it.

No comments: