Sunday, April 23, 2023

Celebration of Life

A teacher that Momoko and Kit Kat had a celebration service for her late father today. This is no ordinary teacher. She is a friend of the family. I told Momoko she is actually more like actual family. She taught Little Kat. Kit Kat and Little Kat play D&D with her. They attend all her parties.

Kit Kat had to go out afterwards with her friends to see a live version of Spirited Away. So she drove her own car. I made Momoko drive us to the funeral home. We got there early. Some valets directed us to park next to the home. They packed us in.

We went in and saw Kit Kat. Momoko and I viewed the picture books, which had photos that the late father had taken. I met another D&D teacher. Also saw an old teacher that retired but lives in our town. The service was a guy speaking about the father.

Afterwards, Little Kat drove us to the Italian restaurant where the reception was held. We stuck around the funeral home for quite some time afterwards. So I was suspicious that we were the first ones at the reception. Luckily Little Kat got to park in the garage next door.

I ate a lot of garlic cheese bread, which was in the form of pizza without the sauce. They were thin slices. Momoko initiated our visit to the buffet. I tried the ziti. It was okay. I loaded up on some meatballs then, plus on my return for seconds. I handed Momoko a couple cannoli.

We had Little Kat walk Kit Kat to her car in a garage quite a ways away from the restaurant. He had to walk back in the rain. Kit Kat could not drive him back because she was late. But she provided an umbrella. I drove us home and was tired, falling asleep in my recliner as we watched K-Drama.

No comments: