Thursday, June 8, 2023

Flying Home

I got in my rental and left Momoko's dad's house. Took a while to find a gas station close to the airport. Security made me take my suspenders off. Inside the terminal, I got a steak burger. I put my drink down to get ketchup. Then I studied my Oracle notes as I ate hash browns. Realized I left my drink by the ketchup.

The gate attendant said it was a full flight. I was glad to have an A boarding pass. I went to the back and got a window seat. A mom and her 6-year old daughter sat in my row. Mom was chatty. She said she was in the Navy, which broke her body. She said she is disabled now. Civilian life has been profitable. She was flying out to attend her master's degree graduation.

We eventually touched down, but not before the captain said there was smoke in DC. Apparently it had blown down from Canadian fires. I hardly saw anybody from my flight at the baggage carousel. I texted Little Kat because he was my Metro ride. He called me during the flight. I could not hear him due to all the train noise. At the destination station, I called him back and he said he parked somewhere new.

No comments: