Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Dead iPhone

Every time I took my iPhone off the charger, the thing would go down to 10% or even 1%. Then it would turn off. I finally got around to making an appointment with the Genius Bar at the Apple Store. I went at lunch time today. Went to the mall. Got a good parking spot. The Apple Store was on the other side of the mall.

I walked over. The Apple Store had no sign on it. Just a picture of an apple. I saw a queue at the entrance. I asked if they were in line. One guy mumbled that he had an appointment. A couple employees came up. I told them the queue order. Eventually I spoke to a guy. He told me to start a diagnostic test on my phone, and have a seat.

The tech guy eventually fetched me. He said my battery was fine. The phone was bad. The could not fix it. They did have an updated version of my phone. I bought it for $429. While walking to the food court, I was behind an old dude and a couple kids. I spied a girl in black dancing by a kiosk. She singled me out. I determined she was trying to sell lotion. I got outta there.

At the food court, I spied all the vendors. Ended up going to Chipotle. I bought s steak burrito and chips plus queso. The bill was a whopping $16. Big spender today. I drove home and ate my food. I had a meeting to attend. So I could not immediately set up my iPhone. After dinner, I found the new phone would not connect to my PC to restore the backup.

I ended up backing my old phone to the iCloud. Then I setup my new phone using that backup. I moved the sim card. My password manager had been updated and would not show my passwords. I downloaded a new one and manually set it up. I tested the phone. It could make and receive calls. I ordered a new case.

No comments: