Sunday, August 6, 2023

Shed Ramp Repair

Our next door neighbor has a dead tree in their back yard. The branches hang over our property. Sticks and branches fall down into our yard. Normally I just clean them up and send them with the county collection. The other day, a huge branch fell. It had the size of a log. It smashed down on the rails of the ramp leading up to our big shed.

Half the rails were destroyed by the falling tree branch. I asked my handyman to repair it. Then another log fell. I thought I had better hold off on the repair. The rails looked terrible. I decided to perform some makeshift repairs. I went to Lowes and bought 2x4s and 2x6s. Today I measured and cut the wood. Then I nailed in some supports to get the pieces in place.

One 2x4 was cut too short. I shored up one side with a shim. The other side required a whole 2x4 to bridge the gap. Now at least it does not look horrible. Who knows? This fix might have to stay for a long while.

No comments: