Saturday, September 6, 2008

School


Well, it seems that Little grew a lot over the summer and I had to buy him a new wardrobe. He is going to be in 5th grade this year. I guess he will have a lot of changes this year. I happen to teach 5th grade at the same school.

Little told me he thought it was going to be a good year because he felt like he would be very popular. It seems he figures all the kids will know who he is. I told him not to be disappointed if every child did not think I was the best teacher in the world. I figure I should prepare him to the fact that no child likes every adult 100% of the time. He might hear a few negative things and I wanted to prepare him.

Kit starts high school this year. She has really matured during the summer. She is acting more and more like a responsible adult. I think the change is that she has finally learned to like who she is and does not really care what others think. I like that about her. She is a really good kid.

I guess in the children department I have been really blessed. My ex has not really been involved in the raising of the children, but I know he is aware of how great they are. Of course, that is a whole other story. So many things still left to do, school is just a heart beat away.

No comments: