Monday, September 15, 2008

Battling the Grass

Me and Little Kat sneak out of the house. It is hard to see anything. The grass has grown higher than our heads. That won't do. So I talk Little Kat into helping me chop down this jungle. Little Kat says we should eat our way through. I try to munch a little, but this grass tastes like, well, grass.

I go back into the house. After climbing up onto a shelf, I borrow a set of keys to the shed. Now we are cooking. Luckily there is a ladder in the shed. Little Kat climbs the ladder to a high shelf. He grabs a pair of shears with his mouth. So when he starts biting, the shears do some mean cutting of grass. He makes little progress. I decide we need more firepower to get the job done.

Somehow I manage to open the doors to the big shed in the back yard. I tie the starter cord to the fence. Then I get a running start and lunge onto the mower. It gets the mower going down the hill, causing the starter rope to pull away from the mower. The engine makes a bit of noise, then dies. I have to pull that heavy mower up the hill 3 times before the engine starts and remains on. My paw can move the lever that causes the mower to go forward. I am too small to steer it with the human handle. But when I claws grab ahold of one when darn thing can go either right or left.

I start to get the hang of steering this big lawn mower for one straight line through the yard. That is when I find that I cannot steer it into a circle. The mower bangs up against the white fence on the side of the yard. A couple white pickets break and fall into the neighbor's year. Luckily I spring up and cut off the mower motor. There has got to be a better way to get rid of all this grass. Anybody know the phone number for some hungry cows?

No comments: