Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Type 3 Bulbs

Little Kat got the idea that he would be a griller. We started with a small propane grill. Little Kat thought he would be more efficient with a gas grill over a charcoal one. Then I bought him a large propane grill with a lot of burners. I always make sure we have a backup propane tank so he does not run out of fuel in the middle of a cookout.

Sometimes Little Kat grills out after sunset. So I bought a two-faced spotlight. Our handyman mounted outside over the patio. I guess it works for Little Kat. The other day I noticed one of the bulbs had burned out. I waited for Little Kat to mention this. He never did. Instead he moved the grill over to the side of the patio where one of the spotlights still shined. Super slacker.

I climbed up the ladder and through I saw a marking on the light that said it took Type 3 bulbs. I pulled the dead bulb out. Momoko said she could only find Type 5 bulbs at the store. Amazon to the rescue. I found something called Type T3 bulbs on sale. I bought a big pack of cheap ones. The first one I took out of the package slid right into the spotlight. But it was a dud. The second one worked like a charm.

Note to self: Make sure you know what kind of bulbs the lights you buy use. I made this mistake with the ceiling light in Little Kat's room. The fan above the light works great. However the light takes non-standard bulbs which are a pain to find. I am planning to have the handyman swap out that light for one that takes normal 60W fan bulbs with the medium base. You live. You learn.

No comments: