Thursday, July 16, 2015

Maps Galore

One of the vehicles I own is 25 years old. I let Little Kat drive another vehicle of mine that is 9 years old. These are not totally reliable vehicles. So I decided to get AAA memberships for the both of us. If we ever get in a bind, we can call in the AAA tow trucks.

Another benefit of AAA is the maps they provide. I recently ordered a bunch of them in preparation for our next vacation. I also got some local maps at the same time. One big map shows the area I grew up in. I see the huge woods behind my old house as a small area on the map.

Yeah. I could see the map information online using Google Maps. But I get a better sense of scale with a big paper map. I could see where my current customer at work resides on the map. I also see where some old friends live with respect to my dad's house.

I also spy new streets on the map that were not there when I grew up. Then I can make some observations like how close our old house was to the highway. And I spot where my last college was with respect to everything else. Hmm. I think I will order some more maps.

No comments: