Thursday, July 23, 2015

Up and Down

Earlier this year, I invested some money in oil related stocks. They had taken a beating. And I caught them on the way up. I took the proceeds and invested into an education stock. It also got the beat down bad. I caught it on the way up. Two in a row.

With the proceeds, the family took a little trip out west. Was able to purchase plane tickets for the whole family. Also got multiple rooms at the hotel so the kids could get their own beds. Rented a nice SUV.

Then I thought if I was successful in the stock market earlier, I could just repeat it again. I decided to go with a kids educational company that was down so low. I invested in it. The problem is that the thing even went lower.

Ooops. I already spent the money on a summer vacation. And we tentatively planned to take another vacation at the end of summer. Let's hope my stocks pop back up. Otherwise our vacation may turn into us pitching a tent in the back yard.

No comments: