Friday, July 3, 2015

Tree Fall

I went outside this week and starting collecting sticks off the ground in our yard. I like to pick them up so the lawn mower does not have to deal with them. I went down the hill in the back of our yard. Behind some trees I saw a felled tree on top of our fence. The fence was not looking too good.

I looked more closely. This was not a tree. It was a huge tree branch. I broke out the hand saw. Chopped it into three pieces so that I could carry the thing. The branch was as heavy as a medium sized tree.

Today I took up the task of repairing the fence. I bent the metal poles as good as I could. The fence was permanently damaged. I don't need it to look good. You can't even see this part of the fence from our house or the street. I just want a fence to be up, warning deers from the woods to stay away.

I secured the horizontal poles to the poles that were in the ground. Then I used some rope to tie down the fence to the poles. Where there was leftover wire from the old fence, I used that too. Right now the fence is secure. I eventually want to move that part of the fence out to the property line. So as soon as I get some spare cash, this fence is coming down anyway.

No comments: