Monday, October 5, 2015

Just in Time

Last weekend I did my normal yard work. It is grueling but needs to be done. Towards the end I cleaned up the patio. Some water dripped on my head. I figured it was Little Kat's window air conditioning unit. It tends to drip a bunch of water. However the water was coming down too far from Little Kat's window. I looked up and saw a bad sign...

The water was coming out of the rain gutter. Darn. The rain gutters must have been filled up with leaves and such. This is treacherous because the gutters are 2+ stories high in the back. Plus there is no level ground to steady the ladder back there. I did not even bother climbing up to survey the trouble. I called my window cleaning team.

I never actually have the window cleaners polish the windows. They are my rain gutter cleaners. They run up on top of the roof, scoop out all the debris from the gutters, and use the hose to wash out any extra dirt. It is a real life saver. I need to call them a couple times a year. But they are well worth it.

I got real lucky. After the guys came and cleared out the gutters, the rain really started to fall. We got a whole lot of rain. When the gutters are blocked up, bad things happen when it rains. Bad things as in the water might come into the house. Disaster averted. I got to put a rain gutter check into my weekly routine during the autumn when the leaves fall off the trees.

No comments: