Thursday, October 29, 2015

Saving Money Pays Off

I carry around a folder with all kinds of food coupons. I bring it to work with me. Previously I would just go to restaurants at lunch and purchase from the regular menu. Now I tend to use my coupons instead.

Today I went to Arby's. They have really tasty chicken tenders. I am coming from work, so I am really dressed up. I felt a little funny pulling out my coupon. But hey. Money saved is always a good thing, even if you dress like a million bucks.

I ordered chicken tenders, fries, and a side salad. No need for a drink. I had my own 12 ounce can. The salad came up immediately. The cashier checked on my chicken and found some trouble. It would take a while for my meal to arrive.

The cashier gave me a free drink, and told me she would bring the food to my table when ready. She arrived a while later. But she upgraded my fries to a larger size. None of this probably cost the company any real money. But it bought a lot of goodwill.

Now when the boys ask me where we should eat, I will recommend Arby's. I will probably still be brining my coupons with my though.

No comments: