Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Bob's Discount Furniture



Last year I bought a couch with built-in recliners for our living room. We chose one that had power recliners on each end. Momoko initially complained that her side had problems coming back from the reclined position. A service tech came out but could not fully fix the problem. We ended up getting a replacement couch.


The replacement was worse than the original. First the center cushion caved in. Then Kit Kat's side of the couch would not come out of the reclined position. Two service techs came out but the couch is still a big failure.


On the most recent visit, I spoke on the phone with a rep from the company. She said the center cushion issue was a normal wear and tear problem, and there was nothing that could be done. Now I know wear and tear. This was certainly not it. This was a manufacturing defect no doubt. I told the rep this was unacceptable. I needed to speak to management.


Later in the week I did get a call back from management. I explained how the cushion could not be wear and tear by any stretch of the imagination. I also told them I was tired of having techs come out and patch a couch that continues to have severe problems.


The result of that conversation is that we are getting store credit to choose another couch. Let's hope it is not a lemon too.

No comments: