Monday, January 4, 2016

Steep Hills

I had my brother's truck over my house. It was here because we had just visited the motor vehicles administration and transferred the title to my brother's name. I told my brother I would drop it off at his house on the weekend.

Little Kat and I took the truck to my brother's house. We parked it in front and then switched to my Nissan Versa. I showed Little Kat the neighborhood while driving around. Then I went to my elementary school parking lot and we switched places.

Little Kat took the wheel and started to drive around. He was nervous because it was a new environment. Previously we had only been driving in our own neighborhood. Also there were a bunch of steep hills and speed bumps all over the place.

One time someone came behind us. Little Kat took a right turn to evade the chaser. We ended up on a steep cul de sac. Little Kat stalled at the top of the hill as he tried to switch gears. He got the car started, but misjudged the space he had to turn around. He was in trouble.

Little Kat tried to back the car up. But we were on a steep hill. I had him put on the emergency brake. I took the wheel and got him out of the jam. Then I went back up the cul de sac and showed him where he made his mistakes.

It was a rough but productive thirty minutes of Little Kat driving my manual transmission Nissan. After driving practice, we visited my brother where we started cleaning up the place. We filled a 30 gallon heft bag worth of trash and took it away. This might be out new Sunday tradition.

No comments: