Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Carpet Install Issues

Installers came to put new carpet in my basement today. They said they needed to remove the shoe molding. This is a 1/4 inch wood at the bottom of the molding just off the floor. Removing it was fine by me. But then the carpet guys said they could not put the molding back in when they were done.


I ended up calling the owner of the carpet store where I purchased the carpet. This is really quite simple. They got to install carpet. They can remove anything in their way as long as they put it back when they are done. Haven't these guys ever heard the Boy Scout motto? Leave the place the same or better as how you found it.


Luckily the carpet store owner decided pay the installers to put the shoe molding back after the install. That this even came up is pretty astonishing to me. This job should have been an easy one. I moved all the furniture out of the room prior to them arriving.

No comments: