Friday, April 28, 2017

Frigidaire A/C and Company Fail

The window unit air conditioning in our master bedroom would not turn on this year. The thing is not that old. Momoko is making due by turning our ceiling fan on high at night, plus leaving the bedroom windows open. This will only take us so far as the temperature increases this season.

I called my handyman. He said he could not repair the unit. But he recommended I call the manufacturer. I called Frigidaire. They said I would get a call back from their back offices in a couple days. Did not happen. I called back again. They said the previous trouble ticket was set up wrong. I was told I would get a prepaid bank card since I ordered the unit online.

Since I was going to be getting a bank card, I went ahead and ordered a replacement A/C unit. Figured I could use the bank card for other things. I did get a call from Frigidaire's back office. They said there was not going to be any bank card. They were going to ship a replacement A/C to a store in a nearby big city. I just need to bring in the defective unit.

What a fail. This company is all mixed up. And they are essentially making my life difficult. I would just prefer for their crappy A/C units to work so I don't have to bother them. But no such luck. I am going to end up with an extra A/C unit since I went ahead and bought a second one.

Perhaps the thing to do would have been to go with another manufacturer. I am doing that as I am buying a portable A/C unit for the interim.

No comments: