Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Newpaper Delivery Triple Failure

I subscribe to the big city newspaper. Get delivery weekdays and weekends. This past Saturday, we received the advertisements for Sunday. However there was no Saturday paper. I called up the newspaper. The automated system said it was too late for me to receive a newspaper.


I opted to speak with a rep from the company. They said there was no way to get today's paper delivered. However I was promised it would be delivered the next day. Turns out I never got the paper. This is the first level of failure.


So I called the newspaper back. I explained what had happened so far. The rep said they would let the carrier know. WTF? I don't need a message send to my carrier. I need someone to resolve my problem. Level two of failure has been met.


I got the newspaper rep to at least credit me for the missing paper. These guys charge a lot for newspaper delivery. And they keep increasing the prices. Then I spoke with a manager. Told them in addition to delivery problems, their customer service essentially sucks. I was given the number of the supervisor of the carrier.


Tried to call the carrier supervisor. Some guy answered the phone. He asked who I was, and only said I could leave a message. Never got a call back from that supervisor. Level three failure, here we come. Finally the next day I get a note from my carrier saying that someone may be stealing my paper.


Stop the nonsense. I have lived here 10+ years getting the paper delivered and have never had the paper stolen. Plus what are they trying to say? Somebody picked out just the Saturday paper from our plastic bundled delivery, but left us with just the Sunday ads? I don't think so. If my brother did not insist on keeping the newspaper delivered, these guys would have been fired a long time ago.

No comments: