Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Finding a new Electrician

I had our handyman install a new window unit air conditioner in the bedroom. Now the room is cool. However between the A/C in Little Kat's room, the lights in the two upstairs bathrooms, and the lights in the bedrooms, our circuit is overloaded. The breaker trips in the most inopportune time.

Now I used to just call the local servicing company. A nice electrician would come out and give us some deals. However the electrician was not entirely competent. I heard him get electrocuted a couple times. Plus he had a hard time with switches.

So I have been on the lookout for a new electrician. Found a reference by word of mouth. Sounded like a small operation. Two of the guys came out. They measured the current in the two circuits in question. They proposed running two more wires to the top level to even out the load. They said their boss would give me an estimate.

I waited a week and did not hear back. So I called the boss. He did not pick up. I called their main office. They said they would email me a quote. Finally I gave up on them. What do you know? I just got a quote from them. Not sure if I trust them if they have trouble following through with a quote. But the price is right.

No comments: