Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Going to a Gas Dryer

This past weekend, Momoko and I went shopping for a gas dryer. Our current dyer runs. But it does not dry well. Sometimes we need to restart a load a couple times to ensure the clothes do not turn out moist. At the store, I focused on simple non-digital controls. Plus I made sure I liked how the door opened. The positioning of the front door handle was key. I also needed easy access to grab the clothes out of the dryer.

I chose a dryer and said I would pick it up myself. The sales guy had a hard time keying in the gas version of the dryer. He kept getting the wrong total at checkout. Afterwards, Momoko celebrated with a pretzel from Auntie Anne's at the mall. I asked my bro if I could borrow his truck. He agreed.

Today was the first day I could pick up my dryer from the store's warehouse. Of course my manager scheduled a meeting for lunch. I decided to go to Roy Roger's for a very early lunch, attend my meeting, then head to the warehouse. The warehouse was clear of customers when I arrived. I got my dryer loaded on the back of my brother's truck and got home as quick as possible.

Some kid was walking in my neighbor's yard when I drove up. That was suspicious. It also meant I could not leave the dryer out until my brother came home. Luckily Little Kat was home, having skipped college today as usual. I measured and found we would need to bring the dyer in the front door. I backed up the truck up to the front door. Had a small delay as I had to spray a wasp and pull down its nest from the front door.

Little Kat and I worked smart. We used a dolly to roll the dryer around. We also slid it inside its box down the steps. Only other surprise was that Little Kat had borrowed my brother's dolly and left it at Momoko's school. Luckily we have a second dolly that made things much easier. Now I just need to get my handyman to install this thing.

No comments: