Thursday, May 4, 2017

Trip Down Memory Lane

The window air conditioning unit I bought last summer has already died. I called the manufacturer and they said they could replace the unit. They shipped it to an appliance store downtown in the big city that I live near.

I borrowed my brother's truck and headed down to the appliance store at lunch time today. Used GPS to get me to the neighborhood. The store was well marked. But there was absolutely no parking. I parked in a liquor store and used the dolly to bring my broken A/C unit into the store.

Made the switch and drove to their warehouse building to pick up my unit. On the drive down, I passed the site where I used to work during college. I drove this same road when I used to get lunch from there. As I got further into the city, I went by the neighborhood of a guy I knew from computer camp.

The neighborhood right by the appliance store was a bunch of small duplex homes. The appliance store looked like it had been there a while. The inside was done up really nice to sell the wares. The warehouse had a bunch of delivery trucks outside. There were also large empty cardboard boxes with packing Styrofoam.

No comments: