Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Change in Vacation Lunch Plans

We packed the night before to be ready to leave the hotel. Momoko and I were waiting around for the appointed time when the fire alarms went off. We grabbed all our bags and walked down the stairs. We waited for the kids to meet us at the car. After loading it up, I went to check us out of the hotel. Apparently they were testing the smoke alarm lights.

Little Kat filled up Kit Kat's car with gas. Some dude pulled next to us going the wrong way at the light out of the gas station. Little Kat managed. He did need some prodding from Momoko on the drive home for things such as his lane ending or cars trying to get on the highway in front of him. Little Kat thought it was unfair he had to drive such a long distance to our lunch location. It was what he agreed upon.

We were looking forward to eat at Dairy Queen. It was way too crowded. We instead went to a local diner. They had a salad bar with whole boiled eggs and pickled beets. We all got lunch specials which included dessert. The whole family was stuffed from lunch. Kit Kat took over the driving. The car ride home was bumpy because of the faulty shocks on Kit Kat's car. We survived.

The house looked just like we left it. My brother had set out the trash and recyclables successfully. I took a nap in my comfortable bed at home. And Momoko took a hot shower. It was good to be home. This is essentially the end of summer vacation. Luckily I scheduled up a week worth of training at work. I needed it with all the extra hours I am working on my current project.

No comments: