Saturday, August 26, 2017

Good Times at the Office

On my last project, I used to go into the company office around once a week. Sat in a big conference room with the same couple people. They were all cool. One of them emailed us all, proposing a get together lunch. I was down. I voted for us meeting in the same conference room we used to work out of.

I got up early and headed to the office. Had not been there in over a year. Was surprised that they started locking the front door. Keep the riff raff out? I saw my peoples. But my old team lead was not there. I suggested we go to my favorite local Ruby Tuesday's restaurant. Choice approved. They did not have the sliders special. But I got a burger and added the salad bar anyway.

Took off from work early. Headed over to my college campus. It was weird that the bookstore allowed us to roam the aisles full of textbooks. They only had used copies for my class. Then I tried to get a parking decal for my car. Had to run back to the parking lot to find my license plate number for the form.

I thought I might need to sit for a picture to get a new ID. Turns out I could use the old one. They just put a sticker on top that indicated I was enrolled for the current semester. Not too shabby. I am prepared for the school semester now. Next time I might choose Chegg to rent my textbooks like all the other kids. Feels like a waste when my company foots the bill for new textbooks though.

No comments: