Friday, March 23, 2018

Can we Skip the Snow?

The area got a big snow storm this past week. My brother went to work while it started snowing. He took his four wheel drive. Momoko was off due to schools closing. Little Kat did not work. I headed to the basement as I work from home.

Kit Kat needed to report to work. Momoko said she would drive Kit Kat to work in her four wheel drive. While they were gone, I took a break from work. I went outside and found our driveway full of snow. I thought Momoko and Little Kat were supposed to have shoveled a part of it.

So I got the big shovel and cleared the man driveway lane. They I salted like crazy. Momoko and Little Kat returned home after dropping of Kit Kat at work. They brought me some Chinese food for lunch. Got me the wrong dish - General Tso chicken instead of Hunan chicken. I ate it anyway.

Kit Kat got off work early. She joined Momoko and Little Kat in clearing the other lanes of the driveway. I got another break from work and helped them finish up. At night a snow plow came down our street. The pushed much of the snow onto our curb, as we all park in the driveway.

I went outside late at night to find water pooling at the end of our driveway. I buckled down and dug our the plowed snow from the curb. The water then had a place to drain. Every day after that, I have been chipping at the mound of snow piled up by our curb. First I cleared in front of our driveway, then the mailbox, and finally a place to put the trash out next week.

No comments: