Thursday, March 29, 2018

Vacation - Have to Get Away

This week is my spring break from college class. Momoko is also off from work. So we scheduled a trip to see her parents. It just so happens that I only work on my project at work four days out of the week. On the fifth day, I do assorted training. This is because the customer is trying to save money by only paying for four days of work. Fine be me. Vacation starts a little earlier for me then.

There has been a mad rush to test out the latest software release at work. Testers working around the clock. Of course they need help. They keep finding what they think are problems. Once in a while, they are right. Most of the time I trace it back to some faulty tests or data.

Today I fly out for vacation. My team leader asked if I was taking my work computer with me on vacation. Of course not was the answer. Taking the computer would signal that I would be doing work. That is not the point of my vacation. I take what I like to call real vacations. That means zero work. I have earned it.

No comments: