Friday, August 24, 2018

Back to School

On Monday, I head back to school for the fall semester. I had thought that I ordered my textbook online. But that was last semester. So today I decided to visit my school to take care of business. My trip started out bad. I somehow flipped my RC soda can entirely over in my car. Luckily I had already drank more than half of it. The other half went into my cup holders.

At school, I found all the sidewalks closed. They were sealing the joints with some gray putty. Had to walk on the grass. That was a real fail for people with kids strollers. I could not find my textbook in the bookstore. An employee helped me find it. He apologized that they only had new textbooks. I told him that was fine, as I prefer new.

I decided to visit the school cafeteria for the first time. I was not impressed. There was nobody at the grill station. A guy was at the pizza place. But he was busy baking pizzas. I eventually got some pizza slices warmed up for me. The bottled sodas in the fridge were warm. I had to go ask around to find a cashier to check me out. Not good.

This semester is the last in a few years worth of studying cyber security. After all that study, I might not be able to find a project/job to take advantage of those skills. Oh well.

No comments: