Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Seeing Strangers on Campus

I made sure I left extra early to attend my first school night of the semester. Went to the student union. Purchased two slices of pepperoni pizza. Had to wait for it to be cooked. It came out piping hot. Got a 32 ounce cup full of Fanta orange. Then I sat down and reviewed my notes from reading the textbook.

There were two guys hanging out at the table next to mine. Nothing out of the ordinary. Then another guy who knew one of them approached. He was wearing a suit, but no tie. He had a party style suit on underneath. The striking thing about him was his fedora on his head. He also wore some stylish dress shoes.

I think this guy was dressing up to impress the ladies. From a visual perspective, he was on point. He had a high pitched voice with a Northeastern access. That came across as a weakness. He seemed animated as he talked with his friends. The guy had a lot of confidence. He introduced himself to another person who came to that table.

Lot of people were flowing in and out of the eatery. There were tables to eat just outside of the place. I thought I saw someone who looked just like Little Kat. The buzz cut plus glasses plus unshaven face did the trick. It was obviously not Little Kat, who was at home cooking the family dinner. I did imagine that this was what Little Kat looked like on campus though.

No comments: