Thursday, October 18, 2018

Little Kat Passes Bitcoin/Blockchain

I had told Little Kat that I wanted him to take a Udemy course. This was to test out the theory that he could be successful with online classes. I was doubtful. I let him choose the topic. He chose Bitcoin and Blockchains. I gave him about a month to go through the course. Then I would test his knowledge.

If Little Kat was unable to learn online, then I figured it was time to teach him how to study and get all As in class. I took the same course as Little Kat to know what was being taught. Took copious notes and studied them. By the time I was done, I had 13 topics that I wanted to ask Little Kat about. If there was any doubt, I had deeper questions for each of those topics.

Surprisingly, Little Kat was able to answer 11 of the 13 questions well. He had an educated guess for 1 other one. There was only 1 question he did not know. The good thing is that even though Little Kat may have forgotten a term or two, he actually understood the material. So he could talk through it. If this were a class, he would have got a solid B on the test.

I thought we would need to try one more Udemy online course to make sure the first one was not a fluke. However Little Kat performed so well that I don't think there is any need for that. Only thing left for him to do is sign up for some courses next semester at college and put in the same due diligence he did with this Bitcoin course.

No comments: