Sunday, October 7, 2018

Possible New Job

I decided recently to make another effort to locate a new job. Got a time deadline until my a certain credential of mine expires. Previously I had applied at a lot of companies. Usually I think my salary requirements was an issue. This time around, I am targeting some niche jobs that I think pay a lot more.

I started by using one recruiter who has a lot of clients who need my specific credential. Started out having phone interviews with human resources. I then was getting to the next level speaking with people higher up on the chain.

Just went to a face to face interview. Human resources set it up. They said they would invite a tech guy to come talk with me. He grilled me a bit. I wrote a bunch of computer code for him. He was satisfied with it. When he asked me verbal technical questions, I knocked them out with ease.

That company ended up making a generous job offer to me. The thing is that the offer is loaded with a bunch of contingencies. They direct customer has to like me. The end customer needs to like me. My pay rate has to match the customer budget. My credentials need to transfer over. And so on. If all of these requirements are met, I can join the company.

We will see what happens. I continue to interview. Don't think I will find a better paying job. Might find something more interesting. Who knows? I just want to get this credential transferred and active before it runs out. And I want to get off my current dysfunctional project. It might be happening in a few months.

No comments: