Saturday, February 9, 2019

The Demise of Grannie Kat

Momoko's mother has been in the hospital for a year. She was on a ventilator to breathe. They tried to wean her off, but she could not do without it. In fact, she sometimes had trouble breathing even with the ventilator. This resulted in her feeling like she could not breathe. The doctors declared that they could not cure her. She decided to have them administer her some drugs, and take her off the ventilator. She died hours later.


We had planned to visit her again during spring break. She said she wanted us to come much earlier. So we planed a trip for this month after science fair at work. Grannie Kat did not live that long. We decided to go forward with the trip to visit Momoko's father. I got one day off work for travel. We left for the airport at 5am.


The airline steward said there would be some bumps on the plane ascent. I learned that was code word for rough turbulence ahead. After a treacherous 5 to 10 minute ride, the weather and flight calmed down. I tried a new rental car company this time. Inspected the car thoroughly and found prior damage that I made sure to report. I am now pondering buying myself a new car to leave at Momoko's dad's so I don't have to spend all this money renting cars.

No comments: