Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Tree Blocks Street Access

Yesterday the weather service called for high winds at night. At lunch today, I drove off to get some Roy Rogers for lunch. Did not make it far. The cul de sac was blocked by a tree that had become uprooted this morning. A sign on the tree stated that the county had been alerted.

Momoko and my brother needed to park on the other side of the tree and walk down the street to our house. The yard clippings truck could not make it down to our house, leaving 3 trash cans full of sticks that I am stuck with. Surprisingly the mailman walked down our street to deliver the mail.

My brother and I ventured out when he got home to buy the family some pizza and subs for dinner. Little Kat normally cooks on Mondays. However he went to class. So it was a fend for yourself night. I hope the county comes soon to cut this tree. Tomorrow is trash and recycle pickup at the curb.

If the county comes later in the week and cuts a path through the tree, I might need to borrow my brother's truck and make a run to the dump. We cannot hold all this trash for 2 weeks. Yikes.

No comments: