Monday, April 22, 2019

Back Home

Momoko and I returned home from our spring break trip. My brother picked us up at the airport. We took a secret exit from the gate to get to luggage pickup. My brother parked in a weird section of the garage. We had to walk a long way to get there. Back at home, a lot of the weeds had grown due to the rain.

I cut the grass with the lawn mower. Used up all the gas. Since it was only weeds rampantly growing, it all fit into one lawn clippings bag. By dusk, the county had not come to pick up my bag. As I was putting away my tools, some car was honking his horn from the street. I presumed he had a package to deliver. I motioned for him to get the heck out of his car and deliver the package. Slacker thought I would come to him. Do your job already.

The top piece of plywood on my outdoor work bench had rotted through. I had a good sized piece of plywood from my dad's house that I planned to use to repair the bench. After I pulled off the top piece of thin plywood, I found the sheet underneath it was rotted as well. I had to spray all the ants. Then I removed the middle beam in the bench. Cut the new piece of plywood as good as I could (the bench is crooked). Moved the bench out a bit. Added a backsplash to prevent wood from falling behind the bench.

Next outdoor project is to build up a platform outside the sliding glass doors to hold all the trash cans and yard clippings bags during the week. I have two sets of platforms from my dad's that I plan to use for this. Just need to level out the ground on the hill.

No comments: