Friday, January 3, 2020

Going out to Eat

I was laid off from my project at work last week. So for a while, my goal was to find a new gig, preferably at my company. I treated this like a mini-vacation. Therefore I was eating out for lunch. The goal was to eat at restaurants I normally don't go to.


First up was Sonic. I tried their new Biggie cheeseburger. It is like a Big Mac, but without the special sauce. It was okay. I think I prefer their double burger instead.


Then I tried Taco Bueno. The closest location closed down last year. But the next closest one was not far away. I used to get multiple orders of chips & queso. However the price had gone up. So instead I settled for a large queso and chips. It did not have enough chips. No problem. I ordered a couple party tacos to dip into the cheese.


Finally I tried Church's Chicken. I remember them from when I was young. I liked the flavor of their chicken, and some of their sides. They did not have the boneless wings from their menu available. They also did not have the chicken sandwich. WTF? Chicken place without all the chicken? They tried to upsell me to a large drink. Good thing I passed since most of their soda fountains were dead. Their spicy rice was delicious.


Last place I tried to far was Bram's ice cream. I got breakfast there. The hash rounds were nice and crispy. The egg sandwich was average. The best part was that I got a strawberry milkshake as my drink. Little Kat chose coffee. Might have to go to breakfast there more often.

No comments: