Thursday, April 16, 2020

New Car Acquired

I broke down and purchased a new vehicle. It is a luxury model. I used a web site to find the cheapest one in town. Turns out the back seat in it is very spacious as long as there is no sunroof installed. I took it for a test drive. It was zippy.

The local dealership was willing to knock a few grand off the price. They also offered 0% interest for 36 months financing. Only problem was their cheap model was white. I really wanted a black exterior.

So I found the right color at another dealership on the other side of the city. I asked them to give me a walk-out price. The also knocked a couple grand off. But there were more options on that car. So the total was a lot higher than the other offer. I asked the guy to match the other offer, but conceded that his car had more options. We settled with me paying the matched price, plus the cost for an expensive option.

At this second dealership, I saw a few folks in the parking lot. Initially they seemed like salespeople. Nope. They were sales trainees. My guy was the sales manager. He was tied up. Eventually he shuffled me off to a side saleswoman. I did a test drive and was ready to buy. Their initial offer on my trade-in was low. So I kept my Chevy Spark.

Momoko had to drive me back to the dealership to pick up my Spark. Now I got a new model vehicle that I love. There are way too many bells and whistles on this thing. Tomorrow I go take a class to learn about the vehicle. Let's hope I can keep this car for a very long time.

No comments: