Sunday, April 26, 2020

Windows 10 Printing Trouble

Both kids are having problems printing from their Windows 10 devices to our Brother laser printer. I sent them some links to web pages that help resolve the problem. The original trouble was that the pages came out all black. That got resolved. However printing is now just garbled.

I figured somebody needed to dig in and solve this problem. At first I thought I would just buy a Windows 10 compatible printer. The problem is that everyone says their printer is Windows 10 compatible, including my printer's manufacturer.

Next I thought I would try to upgrade one of my laptops to Windows 10. I chose a machine that I had Windows 8 on. Tried three times to upgrade it to Windows 10. The upgrade failed every time. This is a total waste of time.

I think it is time for me to just purchase a new Windows 10 computer. Then I can make the problem happen on my machine, and work through to a solution. The new machine could serve some other purposes as well. Time to go shopping.

No comments: