Monday, September 28, 2020

Little Kat Moves Out

The family packed Little Kat's belongings in a small cargo truck I rented from U-Haul. The next morning we went to his future apartment. It is the basement of a single family home. Met the landlord, who stayed up all night fixing and cleaning the apartment. We found a number of pre-existing issues with the apartment. Did not want to get blamed for them upon move out.

Little Kat worked with the landlord to set up his TV with the FIOS. We got connected to the WiFi there. Then we signed the lease. It is month to month rent. There is a private washer and driver. The kitchen is big and has a dishwasher. We called the rest of the family to join us for the move in.

I made use of my wheel barrel that I packed in my brother's truck. It served as a mega dolly for really large items. After everything got moved into the apartment, I called a local Italian mom and pops place to order lunch. We ate in Little Kat's kitchen, sitting on folding chairs we gave Little Kat.

We could not stay for long. Little Kat had to work that afternoon. Momoko wanted his bed made, and the kitchen unpacked before we left. My brother helped me return the U-Haul moving truck. For now Little Kat is away from home for this and part of the next school semester.

No comments: