Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Potential Car Trouble


My car displayed some weird symbol on the dash. I could not bring up any warning messages. Little Kat thought it might have to do with low tire pressure. After driving a bit, a screen came up complaining about the rear tire pressure on both sides.

It was hot. So I put off dealing with it to the next day. I had trouble finding the required tire pressure on the driver side door jamb. It was really low, close to the ground. I took a picture with my phone and zoomed in.

Apparently I need 43PSI in all four tires. I used Kit Kat's air compressor to fill both back tires. Got my fingers dirty taking off the stem caps. When I drove, the car still complained. Now it thought the front tires needed more air. I filled them up too.

The last straw was the car complaining about the front passenger side tire. It detected 43PSI. That is the required amount. After a long drive to my old neighborhood, the warning message went away.

No comments: