Thursday, January 6, 2022

Airline Woes

Little Kat and I were scheduled to visit grandpa yesterday. Momoko, under protest, drove us to the airport really early. We checked our bags. went through security, and got breakfast. Little Kat wanted to see what restaurants were open. After walking around for a while, we settled on Subway. I got a breakfast sandwich. But Little Kat went with a lunch sub.

After breakfast, I asked Little Kat if we should stick around the restaurant, or go to our gate. He decided going to the gate was best. I spied on a kiosk that showed our flight was cancelled. We headed to the gate to speak with an airline rep. There was a line of 10 people already waiting. The rep got on the intercom and was irate.

When we got to the front of the line, we found that they could not get us another flight until the day after. We took what we could get, and planned to return. They kept our luggage. Later that night, our rescheduled flight got cancelled too. Little Kat called the airlines, and came up with the idea that we would leave from another airport.

Kit Kat drove us to a nearby train station. Little Kat and I took the train to an airport far south of us. My train card got money added, but would not work. I had to purchase another. There were only two places to eat in this airport. Lines were long and food was expensive. We were in the last group of people to board the plane. Luckily Little Kat and I both got aisle seats. Everything else was middle seats.

There was a delay to pull the plane out from the gate. Eventually we took off and had a quiet ride. I read my book. This flight was actually a direct flight (which we could previously not find). We checked with the airline. Our luggage was at an intermediate city that we originally would have a layover in. I got a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport rental car. Little Kat is still too young to drive it.

At grandpa's house, Little Kat found my Chevy Spark covered with dirt. But it was ready with current registration and insurance. He was immediately off to the races to visit his female friend in town. I doubt we will be seeing him tonight (he will crash at his friend's house after partying). I got to eat some Sonic for dinner with grandpa.

No comments: